How can I protect myself?
- Get the latest anti-passware and antivirus software.
- Always log out of your sessions.
- Beware of portable devices.
- Lock your devices.
- Encrypt your data.
- Use screen guards.
How can we keep ourselves safe from technology?
Top 10 Internet Safety Rules and Things Not to Do Online
- Keep your personal information professional and limited.
- Maintain privacy settings.
- Practice safe browsing.
- Make sure your Internet connection is secure.
- Be careful what you download.
- Choose strong passwords.
- Buy online from secure sites.
- Be careful what you post.
How can we protect ourselves when using technology online?
Top 10 Tips for Protecting Yourself Online
- Don’t share your passwords.
- Be careful what you publish online.
- Protect information stored on external media.
- Be wary of unsolicited email.
- Use instant messaging and peer-to-peer file sharing carefully.
- Avoid installing free software.
- Lock your computer when you walk away.
How will you protect yourself from risks of using ICTS?
11 Practical Ways to Keep Your IT System Safe and Secure
- Back up your data.
- Use strong passwords.
- Be careful when working remotely.
- Watch out for suspicious emails.
- Install anti-virus and malware protection.
- Do not leave documents or laptops unattended.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi is secure.
How can we protect our privacy in the digital world?
How to Protect Your Digital Privacy: 8 Steps, 1 Tool
- Think before you share.
- Lock the device and cover the camera.
- Use a VPN and security software.
- Block online trackers with browser extensions.
- If possible, use unique, strong passwords and enable two-factor authentication.
Why should we protect ourselves when using the Internet?
Email, phishing, and malware. Clicking on a link or downloading an attachment can cause your computer to become infected with a virus or be the target of a scam, malware, or fraud. Some viruses harm your computer, while others steal your personal information and ultimately your identity.
How do you keep yourself safe and secure online explanation?
7 Ways to Stay Safe Online
- Keep your computer and mobile devices up-to-date.
- Set strong passwords.
- Beware of phishing scams.
- Keep your personal information private. Hackers can use social media profiles to find your passwords and use password reset tools to answer these security questions.